Monday, August 02, 2004

Divine Altercation One Act on nightly basis

Here is how petulant David relentlessly argues with the Concourse on sometimes a nightly basis.

David (aggrieved, emotionally jaded, just a tad bit livid b/c he's been on the clock nonstop since the first BUSH adminstartion ): "I'm sick of working all the goddamn time. I'm sick of Indian engineering students with crippled english always coming up to me and sticking their ID's in my face like I'm a vacant ATM machine. I'm sick of kids from the suburban North Shores with short haircuts and no brains and daddy's Trust fund getting pissy with me. I'm sick of working all the time!!!!

Concourse (magnanimous, yet with firm lip): "Your job is simply to serve. If you want to make it as a writer some day you're going to have to learn to serve and to be an amicable host. If you want to make it as a husband, as a lover, as a complete human being, you're going to have to learn to serve."

David (letting his hair down, thinking about Metallica songs): "But I'm sick of serving. I'm sick of wallowing in ashes. I'm sick of not being able to make it."

Concourse (sounding very much like adage-adhering bald headed lotus guru): "You 'make it' every time you 'write it', you know that too."

David (bitchy, whiny): "But...."

Concourse: (sounding very much like Joseph Campbell when Campbell comments on the Buddha "Joyful participation in the suffering of the World Look at Mike. Look at Dave McDonald. Look at other humans who inspire you...."

David: "But...."

Concourse: "Quit making distinctions between your life and your ability to give."

DAVID: (emphatically): "I'm working myself to death. My family's disowned me, my..."

Concourse: (sounding exactly like czech rose danilea; "You sulk too much Mistuh D."

David: "Alright. Fuck preppy kids from Chicago. I'm not going out like that."

Concourse (thinking David could pick more applicable words form his vocab than 'fuck' all the time): "You know what your job is---you know what your duty is. Just worry about the writing. things will take care of themselves.

David(taking deep breath, trying to quell urge for emotionally-sating smoke): Just serve. That's how I'm living yo.

12 comments:

Daniela Kantorova said...

from the Valley of Search, which i think does not apply just to the search for God... but for ANY search there is.
"... if he strive for a hundred thousand years and yet fail to behold the beauty of the Friend, he should not falter..."
i am saying that to myself as we speak. i mean, i am THAT close to sulking myself. i am shutting my mouth, almost forcing myself to shut it, not to spit out some fire on the blog too. lol.

David Von Behren said...

Sulk, Sulk, Sulk... little Lord fauntleroy. Sulk, Sulk, Sulk....I'm sulking in the name of Chirst the seasoned cyber-ordained Scientist....sulk.

Daniela Kantorova said...

hmmm and HOLD the spite... EVERYONE is in the same boat, trying to make it, just as you are. d00d.

David Von Behren said...

I'm not sulking cause I'm in the boat....I'm sulking becasue I'm now a puported christian scientist with a strong proclivity towards liberal Quakerism...that sounds like an Oatmeal Cylinder with a hippie Quaker gracing the cover.

David Von Behren said...

.....I'm not alone....looks like Richard Nixon was Quaker. I've been practising my palsied-peace sign.

Daniela Kantorova said...

don't you also share a b'day w/ him? lol lol. i know i know, it's another one of the "less-than-least-favorite" presidents (-;

David Von Behren said...

Very Funny daniela, la-di-da...How come both you and arya have cool Baha'i b-days (100% baha'i in arya's case) and I'm perennially branded with a GOP reminder every time I blow out my candles?

Daniela Kantorova said...

but you share a b'day w/ FRIDA KAHLO!!!!!!!!!!!

David Von Behren said...

She doens't count... She's not republican...

David Von Behren said...

She doens't count... She's not republican...

Daniela Kantorova said...

that sounds like a SULKING proclivity to mee. i wonder what the Concourse would say.

David Von Behren said...

The concourse would say.....VOTE FOR KERRY!!!!!!!!!