Monday, September 13, 2004

Afternoon dream stampede....

Just woke up from a dream where I was spending the afternoon with my spiritual sis Arya and my real-life snooty (although I love her anyway) beauty Queen sis Beth and the three of us were in New York shopping (shopping?) and Beth and Arya kept trying on shoes. They kept trying on stiletto's and sandals and all sorts of classy footwear....heaps of shoes. Tons of shoes. More shoes than a marathon stampede. My crazy siblings would slip one shoe off and then scoop another sole up using only their toes. They seemd to be having the time of their lives--They would exchanged glittery smiles amongst themselves and laugh and continue to chat and when I realized that I was the only male in the classy shoe-fraught dreamscape department store and that I alone was holding their purses and highly stacked packages and that everytime I would stare at them and point at my wrist and stamp my foot impatiently they would both tell me that, "It's a female thing. You wouldn't understand." And then they would continue trying on more shoes.

At least we now know where all the Cinderella's are hibernating. So much for trying to crazy glue the glass shards of the slipper back together.


4 comments:

Daniela Kantorova said...

You can ask my friend the Dreamhunter to interpret the dream for you. I will also send him hunting on your blog (-:
http://etherealrealm.blogspot.com/

Arya said...

new york? shoe shopping? are you sure it was a dream? were you the one holding my purse when it got stolen?

David Von Behren said...

Beautiful prose Joe! Have we met?

boabhan sith said...

I definitly have a shoe fetish but, as for the glass slipper thing...(best valley girl impression here) that is sooo out of style!
lol