Friday, September 24, 2004

Mara Megan

When you visit Sister A's blogg, beautiful mystical things happen. I clicked on her DADDY DAUGHTER BEDFRAME (?) link and was directed to something called MY SEARCH. Because I'm perpetually single and crazy I typed in the name of one of my former muses and found a picture of her on line. This is Megan (See Heading Avenue Symphony 1996 entry), and the last time I saw her was one day before I first met Sister A, in Madison Wisconsin, en route to Green Lake.

Things with Megan and I have LONG since dissolved. Her snug smile was the french kiss that planted many beautiful poems and some wonderful romantic sojourns (as well as exorbitant phone bills)...I still think of her when I hear Bob Dylan's GIRL OF THE NORTH COUNTRY and e-mail her sporadically (though it's clear that she want s zippo to do with my world) Overall she's one of the two/three females I can really say that I gave it all up for at a young age and it just didn't work out between us. Which is a blessing, I think. I still love her now (in a timeless, poetic way) and I don't think if we would have gotten married at 19 or 20 (our golden years) I would have that occasional sunset tinkle.

Anyway, here's her picture (so my sisters get a lil' idea of the sort of girls I'm capable of falling madly in love with--as if you don't already know!).....a refulgent galaxy pinwheeling out of control deep in the heart of D Universe....

http://www.comdis.wisc.edu/NSSLHA/images/officers/Officers/slides/Megan%20Snow.html

Boy, if she ever reads this, am I ever gonna get shit!

If you're travelin' in the north country fair,
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,
Remember me to one who lives there.
She once was a true love of mine.

If you go when the snowflakes storm,
When the rivers freeze and summer ends,
Please see if she's wearing a coat so warm,
To keep her from the howlin' winds.

Please see for me if her hair hangs long,
If it rolls and flows all down her breast.
Please see for me if her hair hangs long,
That's the way I remember her best.

I'm a-wonderin' if she remembers me at all.
Many times I've often prayed
In the darkness of my night,
In the brightness of my day.

So if you're travelin' in the north country fair,
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,
Remember me to one who lives there.
She once was a true love of mine.

5 comments:

David Von Behren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David Von Behren said...

....My bloggin' sisters always look DAMN good!

Daniela Kantorova said...

always a pleasure, mistuh D, but you're the one winning beauty pageants!

Arya said...

i admire your honesty and courage. i can't imagine blogging this kind of thing. can you daniela?

David Von Behren said...

Just her photograph....what I was in love with was the (MARA) MEGAN I wrote about in previous bloggin' entries such as GRACE, blogged 9-11-04. Crazy girl. Even though she hates my ass, "David, grow up! We're not teenagers anymore! Your doing nothing with you life! You need to leave Peoria!" She was the impetus for scores of early poems. Her smile was the ink that I daily dipped and swirled my creative pen in before scribbling across fresh paragraphs on the page. When love hits you like this, your lucky...For a long time she was my creative catlyst, Beatrice to my Dante, the one person I wanted to be with and live for.

The way I look at it (and there's many perspectives)is that her initials are indelibly carved into the trunk of my creative geneaological tree. The trunk has given birth to many branches and each branch has forked off into many limbs and twigs, each dangling with succulent fruit and diamond-earring leaves.

Her friendship and her love were a blessing and the best way I know how to thank her is to keep doing the one thing I know how to do.